Thursday 9 February 2012

Information Tree - Introduction

Information Tree Introduction

People often ask me how I know of the things that I try to apply to everyday life.

I couldn't really explain it over tea.   I suppose because most of it is based on long arguments about the whys and whatnots.

A long and winding road is what it has been for me these last ten (already!) years for me.  And since food/digestive sciences/studies are constantly changing, I often feel the need to revisit topics to see if science has changed its mind... and I can, right now, affirm with every molecule of my being... that indeed they do change their minds quite frequently.  What is very interesting is that often, the bottom line remains the same but the details change, sometimes quite startlingly.

When dealing with malabsorption disorders, it's often the details that make or break  the efficacy of a treatment... especially with regards to food preparation.  One example is bone broth soup.  Years ago, science said for a dairy free diet, adequate calcium levels could be maintained with bone broth soup.  They still say that.  They used to say that bones needed to be simmered for three to four hours with an acid source.  Now science says twenty four hours.  Yes indeed, it is possible that this time change could make or break... bones. So occasional review is important.

Not long ago, someone saw one of my charts... the beginning form that most of my research takes as I jump around from one idea to another.  She expressed an interest in, not only reading my final piece but in seeing the initial 'information trees' that I create... as they often contain information that doesn't make it into the final piece.

For those who enjoy charts and trees and such, please be welcome to consume them to your hearts' content.

K:)

No comments: